Hey there. Welcome to Kim's Kitchen Sink. I started this blog back in 2007, when I had a desk job and a fair amount of time on my hands. I found a lot of interesting stuff on the internet back then, and wanted an easy way to share it with friends and family.
The blog was born.
I chose the name because I didn't want to be trapped into writing about one particular topic, though over time, this has morphed into what most folks would refer to as a "lifestyle" blog (how specific).
I've written about knitting, gardening, cooking/baking, technology, wedding planning, budgeting/personal finance, friendship, old tv shows, pregnancy, parenting, and just about anything else that happens to be on my mind at any given time.
I don't write as often as I'd like to these days; two kids keep me pretty busy. But when I can, I do.
So welcome to my little corner of the internet. Find me on Twitter if you want short-form ramblings. Connect on LinkedIn if you're interested in professional networking. Email me (kimskitchensink [at] gmail [dot] com) if you're interested in sponsoring/advertising here, or want to send me things to review, or want to hire me to write things for your site.
I love continuing the chatter in the comments sections, and I welcome relevant, civil conversation. Please understand that anything harmful, disrespectful, or just plain rude will be deleted. Keep it friendly, folks.
- I used to be a serious little ballerina. I still take ballet classes, though now it's more of a gentle adult ballet type of thing.
- I was in an a cappella group in college. I co-produced a CD and arranged a few songs, one of which one an award for Best Arrangement at the 2007 Absolut A Cappella competition at U$C. Yeah, cool.
- I spent several years working for ComedySportzLA. I co-founded the College League. I did box office, and once, I got to be Ms. Voice. I credit much of my current life skills to my time spent in the improv scene.
- I also created and DJ'd a sweet radio show in college, called I'm In A Band And So Am I. I got to play unsigned & self-produced music, host local musicians for live sessions, and practice my NPR radio voice.
- Also, I spent several years studying/being a camp counselor at the Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum. It was a magical, hippie, Shakespeare paradise.
- My husband and I got married in the snow. It was awesome and beautiful, if I do say so myself.
- I majored in Theater at UCLA. My two sisters majored in Music (UCSC) and Dance (UCI). We're a bunch of performing arts nerds, we are.
- I'm really good at breaking computers/software. Just call me your accidental QA department.
Likes: chocolate, cheese, babies, singing, gardening, spa days, having a clean house
Dislikes: wasabi, singing in public, crowds, interactive theatre, commuting, cleaning my house
*may not actually be fun