His column is for the newspaper what I had kind of hoped (dreamed, wished, in that "this is what I'm aiming for, but I know it's not nearly the same" kind of way) my blog would be for the...non-paper? Interesting to read, personal, humorous, and often pointing to other interesting things/websites/people/articles, it is truly a fun read.
Here are some of my most favorite of his recent articles:
- The Bad News; The Worse News - about the economy (note: see this for my opinions on the matter)
- Hilarious Sex Talk - about a new book by Mary Roach (even the way he talks about her is lovely and silly and relatable)
- Is our kidz smart? LOL - about homeschooling, and the parental choices related to it
- A venti and a calico - cats in coffee shops, or tea shops in Japan
- Some say lasagna; they're wrong. - marriage and the state's involvement
- I protest mumble mumble - free speech, or the lack thereof. he also mentions a few interesting websites sent in by readers (something else I love that he does), in this case storyofstuff.com and donorschoose.org.
And in the style of the wonderful Mr. Carroll, I'll close this blog post the way he closes all of his articles: with a song lyric or movie quote that he ends with his name.
Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose email@example.com.