As for the "No Excuses - You're Unemployed" list, here's a little update:
- give myself a pedicure - Done!
- READ - I am making great use of the library!
- watch more Food Network and try new recipes - Made this great chard recipe, some awesome monchong, and omg the cookies.
- fix my broken shoe rack - You should see the duct tape action.
- deal with my "office" area - It's organized and cleaned, and I threw away 2 trash bags full of stuff. Still looking for a free/supercheap file cabinet.
- wash sheets, towels/bathmat, duvet cover - They are fluffy and clean!
- re-pot plants - They are re-potted and happy.
- take my laptop to the Apple store - Done! Now I just have to wait for my mom to send me the installation CD so I can reinstall the OS. Fun!
- deep-clean the bathroom - Still procrastinating this one...This morning, I decided it really needs to happy soon though.
- (finally) sort through the box under my keyboard - Erm...this isn't going so well. This is a case of "someone come hang out with me while I do it"
- bake bread - Haven't had the motivation yet, but maybe this week. I need to pick up some cheap tin bread pans first.
- go through and get rid of some books - This still needs to happen...why is it so hard to part with books?
- empty the bag-o-snacks - This is embarrassing.
- put away bags in living room - Done, mostly.
- earthquake straps - This is more intimidating than I thought it would be. Anyone want to help me with it?
So, I've done pretty well so far, but not well enough! Checking in with myself, and through the public publishing of el blog is reminding me that I need to hold myself accountable. So come on, Kim! Kick it into gear! Fight the Unemployment Sloth and Get Things Done!