- Dolores at the Sears outlet in Hayward. She is wonderful. Daniel, the other manager, is not wonderful. He told me I could return any unused washer/dryer installation items (sometimes the delivery guys bring stuff) to any Sears store. I specifically asked if I would need to drive to Hayward to return, and he said no. He even said I could return it to the Sears in Oakland. He. Was. Wrong. I went to the Sears in Oakland today, and they said they couldn't take it, that they don't even sell those parts, and that the outlet in Hayward is actually completely separate from the store in Oakland. Sigh. I do not want to drive to Hayward (about 40 minutes away). The super nice manager in Oakland called Hayward (to scold them, presumably), and I said I'd be calling as well. So I called. And Dolores, the most wonderful manager of all time, said (after telling me how she couldn't refund my money, credit my account, etc. without me either bringing or shipping the stuff to the store in Hayward) that she was actually going to be in Berkeley on Saturday, and THEN gave me her cell phone number and said to call her on Saturday. She is going to meet me in Berkeley and pick up the stuff I'm returning. Then she is going to proces the return on Monday and send me a check. That is really nice. I mean, above and beyond nice. Now I'm trying to think of a way to repay her. Maybe I'll make her cookeis or give her a little gift basket or something. And I'm going to find out who her manager is, because she deserves recognition.
- Per The Boy and Erin's suggestions, I signed up with OfficeTeam. Today, I went to their offices for office skills testing and an interview, which all went very well. In fact, I got a phone call this afternoon, only 2 hours after leaving their offices, telling me they may have something for me!!! It would be a temp job, of course, lasting 3-4 weeks, and I have to go through a phone interview and background check first with the company, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because hey - it's a job! Think good thoughts for me!
- I re-potted my plants. Well, 2 out of 3. I'm not sure if I'm re-potting the 3rd one. But I did it! Cross another thing off the list! Yeah!!! And I discovered the lemon tree in our backyard is practically dripping with lemons! I plucked two of them and will use them tonight (on the fish that The Boy bought us yesterday)!
- I picked up some volunteer-data-entry papers from an Obama person today - I figure since I have the time, I might as well enter some information to help Team Obama (I'm entering the contact information for volunteers).
- Caitlin and I made uh-mazing cookies last night. There will be a full post about that soon...
- The sun is shining, and the sky is blue. Such a welcome change from the rain that has been pouring down for days. I know we need the water out here in CA, but I love the sun!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
The sun finally came out this afternoon, and with it came my positive attitude! I've been trying to stay positive, and telling myself to think positive, but this afternoon, I am actually feeling positive! Why? I will tell you, in list form (sorry the first point is so long).