I have been pushed back into productivity by my lovely blogger friend, Junket Juice, who nominated me for this silly little (awesome, ego boosting) thing called the Beautiful Blogger award. I'm pretty sure this is just the blog-world equivalent of one of those chain letters that goes something like "This is a Beautiful Rose Letter! Because you are a Beautiful Friend! Send this to 124092385230958 Beautiful Women in your life!" It comes with rules (below), which is partly why I think it's a blogger chain email. Most awards don't come with rules, methinks. I don't care though; it's forcing me into writing something - anything - and there are several wonderful bloggers out there I would like to recognize. Including the lovely Miss Junket. Thanks, by the way. You are hilarious and warm-hearted, and inspirational and awesome, and I'm so glad that we found each other through the Dooce Community.
On to the rules of this award (awards should not come with rules, btw, so we should really call it a "shout out party" or something):
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award. - CHECK.
2. Copy the award & place it on my blog. - CHECK. Am I supposed to put it in the sidebar? Just in the post?
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award. - CHECK.
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself. - Here we go...
- I once cut of 16" of my hair. Yes, that's sixteen inches. Yes, I donated it to Locks of Love. Yes, I took an awkward picture of me holding the severed hair.
- I (not so) secretly kinda sorta wouldn't mind being a stay at home mom someday. Financially, I know this is highly unlikely, but I have this weird longing to do the housewife thing.
- I worked at Google for a year and a half. I worked at Pixar for 6 weeks. I was unemployed for 4.5 months. Now I work at a recording studio. That is not so much interesting as it is factual.
- I cry while watching TV. A lot. Like, when the 19th Duggar was born. Or when Ellen gives away money to deserving families. Or when...well, just about anything sentimental happens. I am a very emotional person.
- I love pudding.
- I did that thing that's all trendy on Facebook right now where you search your name on Urban Dictionary, but I will not post it as my status message. In case you wanted to know, "Kimberly is a sweet compassionate girl that finds the beauty in everything. She is always willing to give a helping hand. Everyone loves her as soon as they meet her. Tends to be very sexy and confident." Kimberly, FTW, everyone! I rock!
- I am annoyed that the quote above did not include a comma between "sweet" and "compassionate", and also that the sentences were so choppy. Obviously, Urban Dictionary needs a better editor. On that note, I cannot stand when publications (books, magazines, etc.) have grammatical errors. I'm not talking personal publications like blogs/facebook/etc*; I'm talkin' professional works that someone was (presumably) paid to edit. Inexcusable. *Although please, everyone, stop with the "CUL8R"-type text-speak. It annoys the bejeezus out of me.
- A Serious Girl: We went to the same high school, though she graduated before I arrived. Our theatre teacher insisted we meet when she came back to attend a performance of The Sound of Music during my sophomore year. We lost touch (or, really, were never in touch), until reuniting via the teacher's weekly email roundup (sent to alumni) a few years ago. Nowadays I consider her to be a dear friend, though we live 3,000 miles apart and have not officially seen each other in person since we met 10 years ago. Side note: TEN years ago. WHAT!?! She is a beautiful writer, and this blog is her latest project. And it is lovely.
- She Shall Have Music: I met Cath on a temp assignment this summer - we were administering surveys to students in Oakland and bonded over the arts, unemployment and cupcakes. We don't live in the same city anymore, but I'm so glad we met last summer. She writes about home, loss, and unexplainable feelings so divinely, I often feel like she is inside my head.
- Shonelley Belly Laughs: Shonelle does not write nearly enough, but when she does, it is hilarious. I often find myself wiping away tears of laughter when I read about her cats, her husband, and her experiences working at Whole Foods in Santa Cruz.
- Crazy Aunt Purl: I don't actually know her, though we have emailed a few times. She is another laugh-till-you-cry blogger. She lives in the Valley with her cats and takes pictures of LA traffic during her commute. What's not to love? Plus, she's just started cooking and posting pictures of her exploits in the kitchen. She's like me, except with published books.
- Food Loves Writing: I don't think I can say enough good things about Shannalee. I have already written about her on this blog, so I won't go crazy on you again...but she is great. We have been blog buddies for about three years, when she started out with a personal finance blog. Now she writes about food in a way that is best described in her own words: I talk about food to talk about everything else". Well said, Shanna. Well said.
- Product Body Blog: The blog for my favorite-ist body products ever. Sexy Laundry Day. Just do it. Jo is super nice, and loves to hear from her customers.
- The Salty Spoon: Bria is another blog friend - I'm not even sure how we "met" initially. Probably through someone else's blog, or a Twitter comment, which is how these things tend to go. Regardless, she posts some delicious recipes. I love that her recipes include a rundown at the beginning so you can see what you're getting yourself into at a glance. Genius. Also, a very reliable source has revealed to me that there will be a special cooking challenge this month, so I would visit her blog if I were you!
- Between the Words: One last bonus one, because I couldn't stick to seven. This is my mom's blog. She is a marvelous writer, and has recently taken to blogging as an outlet for her creative words. I enjoy it immensely, and I'm just so proud of her for taking something she's passionate about and putting it out there!
Thanks for indulging me as I take part in this Beautiful Blogger Award thing. I wish we could all have a big party!