Yes, friends. It's a chain-blog. Somehow, being called out and linked to (Thanks, Josey!) makes me feel like I can't just ignore it. Ah, the guilt. ;-)
Anyway, these are the rules (or the letters?) as copied from Josey's blog:
A - List 7 habits/quirks/facts
B - Tag 7 people to do the same
C - Don’t tag the person who tagged you or tag “Whoever wants to do it”
And here goes...
- I eat dessert almost every night, usually ice cream. I try to limit my dessert intake to the post-dinner bowl of deliciousness, but sometimes I sneak a cookie or chocolate covered espresso bean (or 10) in during the day.
- I really, really like creating training guides. Really. I have made one for every job I have ever held, whether it was presiding over a high school club or assisting executive directors of engineering. I even made one when I left Pixar after only six weeks on the job. Yeah. I have also made a "guide to la la land" for friends who move to Los Angeles.
- I often make "what's in my kitchen" dinners, where I throw together some sort of meal based on what I find in the fridge/cupboard. Usually it is some sort of pasta with a creative sauce. Always it is delicious.
- I grind my teeth. I think I do it more than I realize. It annoys me whenever I catch myself doing it, and I give myself a little scolding.
- I cannot stand ink on my skin. I was never one to write notes on my hands, and I cringe when I have to get a hand stamp upon entering a club or bar. And I always scrub it off as soon as I get home (sometimes I do it at the bar; I know this defeats the purpose of the stamp, but nobody ever checks once you're inside). One place I went to used a sharpie to mark a giant on my hand and I almost cried.
- I also do not like stickers on clothing/skin - I have always been this way. When I was a kid, I remember asking my teacher to put my sticker on a piece of paper instead of on my shirt. I think I did the same thing for stamps (on a paper instead of on my hand), but my mom will have to verify that. I bet they all thought I'd grow out of that. HA! I sure showed them!
- I like making lists, and I am insanely organized...except when I am a total slob. I love for things to be perfectly organized and beautiful and Real Simple and all that, but sometimes I just let piles build up on the couch. I'm trying to work on the whole consistent maintenance thing so the piles don't stress me out, but mostly I am too tired and just let them build up until I can't stand it and do a mad dash of cleaning and organizing.
So there you go. A lovely little list of 7 things about me. Fun on a Tuesday evening :)
Here are my 7 Lovely Ladies of Choice...do it if you want, don't do it if you don't want.