I took the day off today, to take care of several things that had to get done in the middle of the day, on a weekday. Major thanks to my boss for letting me have this day I needed so very much. Thanks, bossman.
Too bad I'm such an overachiever though, because I decided that instead of taking care of my appointments and then giving myself a mental health day to relax and recharge, I decided to take care of a bunch of cleaning/errands/more cleaning. To be fair, I needed to make some headway on this stuff in order to have a clear head. I just didn't think it would be 11pm and I'd be bone-tired. And that there would be so much left unfinished.
I tell myself that it has to get worse before it can get better, but that doesn't stop me from collapsing on the couch, multiple times, throughout the process. It doesn't help that after a practically non-stop, super busy day, there is still much to do.
What I did do:
- Dermatology appointment
- Dress fitting
- (mostly) Cleared dining room table (granted, a nice chunk of stuff just got put into a bag)
- Started reorganizing closet (I swear, it looks different).
- Sort mail
- Remember to eat
- Tested seating arrangement display printing for wedding
- Figured out earrings for wedding
- Unpacked suitcase from last weekend in LA (ok, so I exploded it on the bed. But it will get put away before I get in bed...oy)
What I didn't do (or what still needs to be done):
- Finish clearing dining room table
- Go through backpacking storage box and put it in the closet
- Figure out misc. loose storage items in the closet
- Tackle pile o crap by the piano
- Take 4 boxes out of the closet and put them in the living room
- Empty box in bedroom (stationary, etc.)
- Clean dresser, hang mirror and jewelry hooks
- Do sink full (and counter full) of dishes
- Do laundry (delicates)
- Clear coffee table, misc. surfaces around house
- Look through pictures and choose some to display at wedding
- Read mail
- Remember to eat healthy things
Some pictures of the closet, since it ate up the main portion of my "relaxation" time (seriously, I spent about 4-5 total hours working on this crap - and this is all I have to show for it? sigh).
|The first thing I did was hang Command hooks|
on the wall behind the coats and sweatshirts.
I've wanted to do this since we moved in.
|Blurry, but you can see how there's (mostly) room for bags|
and such behind the coats and sweatshirts.
|View from the door: BEFORE|
Not a lot of room to walk, lots of piles.
|Side wall: BEFORE|
Piles upon piles
|Side wall: AFTER|
Piles upon piles
Ok, this hasn't changed much.
But I spent a long time on the other stuff,
so this will have to be for another day.
Ok, so it doesn't look like much. There's still a ways to go. But it is better, I swear (trying to convince myself too here). Now I just have to clear off a huge pile of stuff from the bed so I can go to sleep. Jeez, it's been a busy day. At least it's almost the weekend! More of the same on Saturday!
If you'd have started your rest day with a diamond peel, then you would have thought twice about doing all those chores that wasn't scheduled for that day of relaxation and recharging that only left you with more frustration because it was unfinished. Just thought I'd share that because your writing is really good.ReplyDelete