- This article from the New Yorker was blogged about by Emily and now I share it with you. It's very interesting. It's pretty fair to both candidates, and just affirms to me that Obama is the candidate who speaks more closely to what I want in a President.
- omigod, I am definitely going to make my own Samoas. No, not Samoans. Samoas. The chocolatey, caramely, coconutey, ooey gooey goodness that is my tied-for-favorite (with Thin Mints, of course) Girl Scout cookie. When is it cookie season again? Who cares?! I can make my own! (yeah, I'll probably make one batch and realize it's easier to buy them, but it still looks like fun)
- Once again, my hilarious friend Jessie has hit gold with one of her online videos. This one, a parody-of-sorts of Obama Girl (a parody in itself, but a different kind) called Huckabee Girl, is really, really funny. If you like it, check out the rest of Jessie's blog, which is also very, very funny. And because I'm linking a bunch of political-funny-music-video-things, if you haven't watched Obama Girl vs. Giuliani Girl, please do so. I don't know anyone who made it, but it's funny stuff.
- I forget who it was, it might have even been my Google Reader "suggested blogs," but somehow I decided to add Not Martha to my feed. I really like reading this feed, and I especially like the way the actual blog/website is laid out. It's easy to navigate, and has a page called To Make, which is basically a link to every blog she's written about things to make, from poached eggs to a knit sweater to a homemade sun jar.
- Lastly, the radio show I started while at UCLA, I'm In A Band And So Am I, is doing really, really well. In the almost two years since I graduated, the show has continued to not only consistently remain on the air, but also to grow in recognition and, well, awesomeness, bringing you the best and worst in unsigned, self-produced music. DJ Octoon, the current man-behind-the-mic on Sunday nights from 8-10pm PST at www.uclaradio.com, has started an Unsigned Artist of the Week "contest" of sorts...and has released a Best of I'm In A Band 2007 CD! I'm getting a copy, for sure. Check out the myspace page, or email him at inaband (at) gmail (dot) com for more information!
And that's all that fit to print!