- This article from the New Yorker was blogged about by Emily and now I share it with you. It's very interesting. It's pretty fair to both candidates, and just affirms to me that Obama is the candidate who speaks more closely to what I want in a President.
- omigod, I am definitely going to make my own Samoas. No, not Samoans. Samoas. The chocolatey, caramely, coconutey, ooey gooey goodness that is my tied-for-favorite (with Thin Mints, of course) Girl Scout cookie. When is it cookie season again? Who cares?! I can make my own! (yeah, I'll probably make one batch and realize it's easier to buy them, but it still looks like fun)
- Once again, my hilarious friend Jessie has hit gold with one of her online videos. This one, a parody-of-sorts of Obama Girl (a parody in itself, but a different kind) called Huckabee Girl, is really, really funny. If you like it, check out the rest of Jessie's blog, which is also very, very funny. And because I'm linking a bunch of political-funny-music-video-things, if you haven't watched Obama Girl vs. Giuliani Girl, please do so. I don't know anyone who made it, but it's funny stuff.
- I forget who it was, it might have even been my Google Reader "suggested blogs," but somehow I decided to add Not Martha to my feed. I really like reading this feed, and I especially like the way the actual blog/website is laid out. It's easy to navigate, and has a page called To Make, which is basically a link to every blog she's written about things to make, from poached eggs to a knit sweater to a homemade sun jar.
- Lastly, the radio show I started while at UCLA, I'm In A Band And So Am I, is doing really, really well. In the almost two years since I graduated, the show has continued to not only consistently remain on the air, but also to grow in recognition and, well, awesomeness, bringing you the best and worst in unsigned, self-produced music. DJ Octoon, the current man-behind-the-mic on Sunday nights from 8-10pm PST at www.uclaradio.com, has started an Unsigned Artist of the Week "contest" of sorts...and has released a Best of I'm In A Band 2007 CD! I'm getting a copy, for sure. Check out the myspace page, or email him at inaband (at) gmail (dot) com for more information!
And that's all that fit to print!
more proof of my immersion in indian culture: Your link for samoas had me super confused, first thinking of chocolate caramel covered indian vegetable filled pastries (samOSAs) and then large asian people holding them and feeling sticky (samOANs)ReplyDelete
I need some away from med school time