Why do I love pudding so much? More importantly, why have I been neglecting pudding for so long?
Recently, I re-discovered my absolute love of chocolate pudding. Homemade, but instant (instructions say wait 5 minutes, though I like to let it sit in the fridge for at least half an hour before I eat it), it's seriously such a good idea. All the time. Here is my list of all the reasons I can think of off the top of my head why I love pudding.
- chocolate pudding, come on. instant. chocolate. pudding.
- the word "pudding" is fun to say
- it's also fun to call people puddin' face, or puddin' butt, or pudding-monkey. trust me.
- makes a great dessert.
- makes a great breakfast.
- the perfect creaminess factor
- that little "crust" it gets on the top when it's been in the fridge for a day or so
- really good with whipped cream and sprinkles (but honestly, not much isn't)
- super cheap: a box that makes 4 servings is usually $1 if not less, and the amount of milk needed (2 cups, i believe) costs around $1 as well. if i'm not mistaken, that's $0.50 per serving of delicious chocolate pudding-y goodness.
- so so so very good.
- good for sore throats
- good for when you're sick
- good for when you're in a bad mood (see point #5)
- something about is magical, like i'm a little kid feeling so happy to have pudding; except as an adult, i can really appreciate the way i feel about feeling that way. yeah?
- there are already 14 reasons to love pudding
- using a whisk is really fun.
- you can make it in one big bowl (not my favorite way, but to each his/her own, right?)
- eating pudding out of little individual cups is somehow awesome.
- it's jiggly
- milk has calcium, which is good for you. hence, pudding is good for you.
So there you go. 20 reasons, and I'm sure I could come up with more. I really, really love chocolate pudding.