I've been sort of busy lately, which is all well and good, but it's led me to feeling behind. I had a wonderful weekend at home with the family, which included helping a dear friend find her wedding dress (I maybe cried a little), seeing Julie & Julia (I want to cook all day every day), and attending a memorial ceremony for my grandma (click here for a beautiful recap from my mom). It was a restful and just all around nice weekend - I even got to nap in the sun by the pool. Heavenly.
Last week was filled with fun dinners with friends and a walk around my neighborhood. Looking back at the calendar, it wasn't actually all that jam-packed, yet somehow I still feel like it flew by in a flurry of business! I guess that's the way it goes sometimes.
Perhaps it is also just because it's Monday, and when Monday rolls around all I want to do is eat ice cream and curl up into a ball on the couch and nap and nap and nap and nap...and nap some more. I know I can't be the only one who feels this way. It takes me a great amount of will power to drag my butt to Curves on Monday nights, but I feel like if I can get myself there after work on a Monday, I can do just about anything! And my family's constant "wow, you look thin!" and "you look smaller!" comments this weekend were certainly a bit of motivation to keep it up...thanks, guys. Even if it wasn't true, it made me feel like my last few months of exercise have not been in vain! (Are they actually "in vain" though, because I am vain for wanting to work out to look better? Hmmm, I do love words) I'd also like to give a shout out to my Reebok Easy Tones and my Fit Flops, for helping to strengthen and tighten my legs! Seriously, after even a 2-mile walk, I can feel the burn.
Anyway, I feel like there is much to do, and I want to do it all, but also I want to sleep. So instead, I will make a list (with semi-deadlines, naturally), and then I will feel better about the things I need to get done!
- Return library books
- Pick up dry cleaning
- Take books to Moe's for resale
- Pick up prescription from Walgreens
- Go to Curves 3 times minimum
- Wash guest sheets/towels from Kate's visit
- Pay bills (after 8/20 paycheck)
- Wash clothes. At least 3 loads. Maybe 4.
- (hopefully) sort through the garage with my landlord and make room for Will's and my stuff...this is a whole situation, since the garage door is currently broken (not my fault), and the garage is filled with my landlord's stuff. Whee!
- Purchase many $4 Sterilite tubs from Target for aforementioned garage storage project
- A's Game for April's birthday
- Farmer's Market (I hope!)
- Geocaching with Becca, Josh and Keira
- Brunch with Twitter-blog-friend/SF Newcomer Shelley - I hope!
- Measure Will's desk (in the storage unit) to see if it will fit in the apartment
- Pack up some stuff for storage
- Whatever I didn't get done over the weekend
- Go to Washington to visit Will's family
- Come home with Will! Yay!
I feel better having written it down in a list. Somewhere in there, I'd like to bake some muffins or something, and I'd like to squeeze in a pedicure at some point, but we'll have to see how productive I actually am...