- Sometimes, you're just really in the mood for milk chocolate. I am not usually, being a preferrer (I know it's not a word) of dark chocolate, myself. However, just now, at 3:04pm on Monday, August 6th, 2007, I wanted some. Thank goodness I, for reasons previously unknown to myself, grabbed a disc of milk chocolate in addition to the semi-sweet (just in case) and bittersweet (heaven on earth) discs I grabbed from the microkitchen at work.
- I had a very large breakfast (feta, spinach, bell pepper, mushroom, and more unnecessary cheese omlette, everything bagel with the insides mostly scooped out and filled with lox spread, pineapple, boysenberries, strawberries and grapes) and most of an Organic Guatemalan Low Fat Mocha at approximately 9:00am, and thus was not hungry for lunch. Go figure. So around 2:30, when the hunger started to arrive, I grabbed a chicken Cesar salad (and aforementioned chocolate) from the microkitchen. I didn't even eat all the chicken; I wasn't that hungry. So for lunch, I ate lettuce, onions and Parmesan cheese with dressing and croutons. Mmm. Healthy. Not so, although it was made at No Name, our organic-natural-hippie-dippy-so-delicious cafe, so I'm sure it couldn't have been THAT bad for me.
- My apartment is coming together. Now I just need to put some stuff away. In a big way. Really, I feel that I will not feel that my living room is complete (nor will it be, damnit!) until I have purchased my beautiful new couch (pictured here), and a bookshelf or two (so many boxes of books taking up so much space!)
- I really like having my own apartment.
- No matter how much I purchase, there is always a list of things I need to buy. I hear that's called "having your own apartment."
- Watching HGTV (incessantly) has helped me to become more motivated in the process of cleaning up, unpacking, and getting organized. I know it's totally dorky and housewifey of me, but I really do love a clean, organized place. As much as I am prone to clutter, I don't like it.
- I really need to start going to the gym again. Not for "losing weight" purposes (though that would be ok), but because I'm starting to feel lethargic and unhealthy.
- I really, really like cheese.
- In a discussion with a friend the other day, I realized that as far as relationships go, I'm pretty easy to please. Low maintenance, if you will. All The Boy has to do to make me giddy with delight is plan a date. Nothing fancy, either. Just a "let's go out for dinner tonight. Let's go to X Restaurant." He doesn't even have to pay. Just the pure act of him making plans for the evening makes me feel all warm and gooey. Don't let this fool you into thinking I won't sometimes whine about being hungry (oy. I have done that.) or sneak into the bathroom with a paper towel and 409. And a Swiffer. And Windex. And I will return triumphant--and the bathroom will be clean (this can be applied to many rooms in the house). And I will be made fun of. But that's ok. Because...
- ...I love a clean house. As I've mentioned before. I subscribe to Real Simple. It was a birthday present. It was on my birthday list. I purchased it from the newsstand (for about $5 a pop) for almost a year before I got the gift subscription. I also frequent the website for tips...and just for fun.
- I really like making lists, but I'm going to end this one now, because I'm sure it's long enough. And repetitive at this point.
Monday, August 6, 2007
A Little List of Thoughts
Because I've been reading a lot of www.dooce.com lately, here are some thoughts. In list form.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
dooce dooce dooce dooce! yay.ReplyDelete