Such fun things as:
- Still packing, ten minutes before the movers arrived.
- Arriving at our new place to realize how truly awesome our new landlords are.
- Multiple problems with our movers.
- Rewarding ourselves with Cafe Biere after clearing out of our old place...and then being too "tired" to unpack.
- Settling in to the quiet that is an apartment without a TV.
So you see, it was a busy day. And a busy weekend. And yesterday, when I was getting all, "Woe is me, we have so much to unpack, how have we lived here for so long surrounded by boxes?!" I was reminded that it was only Tuesday. And we had, in fact, moved in a mere three days prior. Hello time, it seems we need to be reintroduced.
We made a fantastic dent in the unpacking on Monday night, and as of last night (still only Tuesday night) we had almost unpacked the entire kitchen. The bedroom is unpacked; though we still have to install some lights, it is fully functional. On Monday, I wore Crocs to work (cute ones though) because they were the only shoes I could find, aside from the EasyTone tennies I had been wearing for the last 48 hours. Note for anyone planning to move: pack yourself a duffel bag with outfits and shoes for the first two days or so after the move. It will make your life less stressful.
Anyway, it's been exhausting. We had an absolutely terrible experience with our movers. We have way more stuff than we thought we did. But we love the place, and it feels great to be getting settled.
Hopefully I'll find the camera-to-computer cord soon...I have moving day pictures (pre-Cardboard Castle, so it's nice and clean and empty), and by the end of the weekend, I should have some settling-in-progress pictures too. :-)