Every year, I write up some resolutions and check out the ones I wrote the year before to see how I did. Usually, I realize that I forgot about some of them. Perhaps I should write them somewhere other than the internet.
Last year's resolutions:
- blog more often (uh, sort of nebulous, eh? I think I blogged a lot in 2011, so that's good I guess) - just counted. 131 in 2010, and 95 in 2011. so, uh, nope. but I feel like 2011 was a bigger blogging year, so maybe 2010's posts weren't as substantive or something. whatever.
- give the ole blog a redesign (yeah, that never happened. hello, 2012, I'm coming for you! maybe?)
- create an "about" page (yep, didn't do that either)
- figure out why search is messed up on my blog (bet you can guess how that turned out)
I think I focused too much on my blog, and then didn't have (or didn't take) the time to actually do this stuff. But that's ok, because I also resolved to let my blog be what it is without pressuring myself to do more. Since, you know, I have a full time job and a life outside work and am planning a wedding and all...I think it's ok. Not saving babies here.
Anyway, it's New Years Day, and I'm sitting on the couch after two weeks of travel, family, parties, illness, and some really awesome other stuff I'll tell you about in a non-resolution post when I get around to uploading my pictures. (wow, nothing like a lazy blogger to excite you on New Years Day! whatever, sue me. no, don't do that. you wouldn't have a case anyway, so shut up. god, what am I talking about?)
This year, I want to...
- keep the house tidy, and not have piles of stuff everywhere (I always make this resolution when I write them right after traveling and the house is a mess)
- open the mail on the day it was received. or the day after. not the week after.
- eat healthier, eat slower (I eat too much because I eat too fast, and although baguettes and salami and cheese are some of my favorite foods, I want to focus on leaner proteins and more veggies and such. wedding diet, whatever). maybe lose 5-10 pounds? ick, I hate myself for saying that, but yeah, I could stand to do it.
- exercise more than twice a week. preferably in some sort of class like the bar method or something.
- try new things, at least one new thing per month (a recipe, a craft project, an activity, being assertive, etc.)
I think that's about it. If I actually accomplish all this, I'll be an adventurous, responsible, healthy, fit person with a clean house (ha) - here's hoping!
Happy New Year, all!